Has the fear mania that seems to engulf every day of our lives gone too far? Do we really need the security theatre that is crammed down our throats, or poked up are nethers, or do we need to man up to society and accept that there are bad (and stupid) people out there who want to do bad (or stupid) things and we can be less paranoid about it and make intelligent, considered decisions? –
- Do you complain about getting a pat down at the airport. knowing full well it’s coming?
- That said, the patdowns sound kind of degrading with little in way of benifit to passenger security (it’s enough to make me think twice) so is that right?
- Is removing metal knives from planes truly going to stop someone when I can’t cut a bread roll with it, or could use the fork instead?
- Do you sue because YOU spilt a hot beverage on yourself?
- What about not letting your kids play on the monkey bars in case they fall and hurt themselves?
Is it the security theatre and the hype it generates the cause of an increased “incidents”, are people using this media induced heightened awareness as an excuse to check their brain out and abdicate commonsense and decisions on what and what isn’t safe to others, or are we just getting more and more stupid?
Food for thought.
UPDATE: I love it when someone tests the stupidity of some of these things.